Sales across Philadelphia always display a lot of competition. As we all know, selling is an important part of our still slowly growing economy. Our region of the country is one of the best. And we have good people in every industry involved in the sales business. Doing things correctly, honestly and effectively in sales means success for us here and across Philadelphia.
Here are seven ways to stay successful as you grow in the sales profession:
- Be an excellent networker: Being involved in the community and attending a variety of events will give you visibility. Having a professional presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Google + will also give you that edge in success.
- Value: Everything you do and all your activity must bring positive results. All activities must have reason and purpose. There must always be a return on investment in both time and money.
- No certainties: There is always an aspect of uncertainty in sales. No matter how well you are prepared, things can go sideways. Assess every situation.
- Get Dale Carnegie Training: Dale Carnegie of Philadelphia is a wonderful foundation for serving others and it is the standard for sales training in a tough economy. The offerings are absolutely essential for growth and opportunity. It is critical for sales and peer engagement.
- Be outgoing and friendly: In every interaction, it is the sales professional who people will remember for both energy and optimism.
- Use leadership as a partner: Many salespeople under-utilize the talent and the resources that leadership provides in day to day activities. Good management is essential for both support and advice.
- The customer comes first: In any sales situation, placing the customer first will always give focus for the right priorities. It is the one ingredient that will allow for both referrals and recommendations.
Success in sales comes from commitment, longevity, opportunity, and practice. Stay committed, keep getting better, and enjoy what you do every day. There is no better profession than sales. Just keep growing and learning.
This post is brought to you by the good folks at Dale Carnegie Training of Philadelphia, providers of professional development and management development courses and information in Philadelphia. We’d love to connect with you on Facebook and LinkedIn.